The 14th Annual Motif Charity Walk – 2016
Ahmedabad, February 21, 2016
Motif, a global BPO and KPO service provider, organized its 14th Annual Motif Charity Walk in Ahmedabad today. This event provides a transparent platform for individuals and companies to come together to promote health awareness, and raise funds for different NGOs every year. The 4 km walk / 7.5 km run was flagged off from the L. D. College of Engineering ground, and passed by the PRL, IIMA, AMA, Panjrapole cross road, and Passport office. This year’s highlights were the 4 School Bands, Dholis and Dance Groups, which created a fun environment for participants along the route of the Charity Walk.
The beneficiary NGOs of this year’s Charity Walk were:
- JeevanTirth: Works in fields of education, environment, rural development, human rights and capacity building of grass-root level organizations – 80(G)
- Sadvichar Parivar:Relief and welfare services for over 60 years to the deprived, distressed and diseased – 80(G)
- Shrimad Rajchandra Seva Kendra: Holistic education and hearing aids for impaired under-privileged children under Umang Education and Research Center – 80(G)
- The Gujarat Cancer Society: Free or subsidized treatment for cancer patients and enhancing quality standards in cancer related healthcare – 80(G) & 35(AC)
Kaushal Mehta, Founder and CEO, Motif, Inc. said, “We thank all our walkers, runners, donors, partners, participating NGOs and the wonderful team of Motif volunteers to make this 14th consecutive edition of ‘The Annual Motif Charity Walk’ a success. The event emphasizes the ‘5F’s of Family, Fun, Food, Fitness and Fund raising. Over the last 14 years, 58,800 participants and 237 sponsors have raised Rs. 5.02 crores for 43 different NGOs. I am deeply humbled by the enthusiasm and generosity of all stakeholders of this event.”
42 companies, including two leading international brands, supported this year’s Motif Charity Walk to raise funds for four NGOs. A total of Rs. 67.72 lacs were raised this year through individual registrations, Motif’s matching contribution of Rs. 10 lacs, and sponsorship cheques written directly in the name of the NGOs. The event had over 4200 participants. Since 2003, the Motif Charity Walks have raised funds around Rs. 5.02 crores for 43 different NGOs.
This year’s sponsors included:
- Principal Sponsors: SPEC India and Sophos
- Diamond Sponsors: RetailMeNot, BMW and Jagruti Group
- Silver Sponsors: eBay, Claris Lifesciences Ltd., MakeMyTrip.com, NEPL, Khushi, KOMM, Simulations, Dezine Brainz and Shree Sharda Events
- Bronze Sponsors: Control Case, Bitscape, Savvy Kensville, bSafal, Dr. Jyoti Anil Parikh, Infostretch Solutions and The Kalupur Commercial Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Associate Sponsors: Pest Control Enterprises, QX, New Arbuda Builders, Sunij Pharma Pvt. Ltd., Musikaar, The Travel Center, State Bank of India, Sheth Info, Jade Blue LifeStyle India Ltd., Tata Docomo, Elitecore Technologies, BlazeNet Ltd., Cosmos Engineers and Ved Creations
Radio Partner: Radio Mirchi
Print Partner: Ahmedabad Mirror
Water Partner: Gallons
Beverage Partner: Wagh Bakri
Ice-cream Partner: Havmor
Hospitality Partner: Fortune Park
Medical Partner: HCG Hospitals
Motif, Inc. is a customer-centric BPO and KPO services provider focused on serving e-commerce companies in the retail, travel, financial services and affiliate marketing verticals. It has over 15 years of experience in providing multi-channel customer support, credit card fraud prevention, research and analytics, and back office support services to leading Fortune 500 and mid-market companies across the United States, Europe and Asia. Headquartered in California, USA, Motif has delivery centers in India and the Philippines. For more information, www.motifinc.com or contact us at email@example.com.