The 15th Annual Motif Charity Walk – 2017
Motif, a global BPO and KPO service provider, organized its 15th Annual Motif Charity Walk in Ahmedabad today. This event provides a transparent platform for individuals and companies to come together to promote health awareness and raise funds for different NGOs every year. The 5 km walk / 9.5 km run was flagged off by Mr. A. K. Singh, Commissioner of Police, Ahmedabad from the L. D. College of Engineering ground and passed by the B. K. School of Management, Vijay Char Rasta, Helmet Char Rasta, IIM cross road, and PRL. This year’s highlights were Mr. Singh walking with 50 Police officers to promote health awareness in our police force who work long hours under extreme conditions, Mr. Singh said “The department appreciates such efforts which is not only related to the fitness, but also has a social aspect of helping the people. Participation is such events would help sensitize police personnel, too”. School Bands from Apple Global School, Lalji Mehrotra Lions School (LML), Tripada International School, Zydus School for excellence, a Motif Rock Band with Drummer and Electric Guitarists, Dholis, Motif dance groups and volunteers cheered the participants all along the route; creating a fun environment for the Charity Walk.
The beneficiary NGOs of this year’s Charity Walk were:
- Bharat Lokhit Seva Samiti : Founded in 1998, runs Chinmay resident Institute for mentally challenged children, with a goal to make them completely self-reliant and enhancing their quality of life – 80(G)
- Sabarmati Harijan Ashram Trust :An Initiative by Gandhiji – Established in 1917, runs a school & centers to provide quality education & vocational training to females from lower economic groups – 80(G)
- Samerth Charitable Trust : Started in 2006, runs early childhood education centers for lower economic classes, to educate special children and aid their mental and physical development – 80(G)
- Shree Bhagwati Jeevan Sandhya Vruddhashram Trust : Established in 2008, runs an old age home for individuals neglected by their families and the ones without any support – 80(G)
In the 15th Annual Motif Charity Walk this year, 5828 walkers and 63 organizations including several leading international brands along with Motif’s matching contribution of Rs. 10 lacs have raised Rs. 75 lacs for the 4 beneficiary NGOs. All organizations write cheques directly in the name of the NGOs. Motif matches every registered participant’s contribution up to Rs. 10 lacs every year.
Kaushal Mehta, Founder and CEO, Motif, Inc. said, ‘What started as a small idea 15 years back has turned into a widely supported event in Ahmedabad’s annual calendar! We are humbled by the overwhelming support from individuals and sponsor organizations from all walks of life. During the last 15 years, over 64,653 walkers and 250 companies have come together to promote health awareness and have raised Rs. 5.78 crores for 47 different NGOs. Motif volunteers have managed this 5,000+ people event entirely on their own with no event management company involved. On behalf of Motif, I thank everyone for their continued support.’
This year’s sponsors included:
- Principal Sponsors: SPEC India, Asha Kiran Trust
- Platinum Sponsors: Anonymous, Kushal Tradelinks Pvt. Ltd.
- Diamond Sponsors: eBay, RetailMeNot
- Gold Sponsors: Kotak Mahindra Bank, MakeMyTrip
- Silver Sponsors: Airbnb, Claris, Dezine Brainz, Dr. Jyoti Anil Parikh, Infostretch, Khushi Ambient Solutions, Media Café, Simulations, Yuva Unstoppable
- Bronze Sponsors: Carrier Midea India Pvt. Ltd., Control Case International Pvt. Ltd., Namaste Amdavad, Pest Control Enterprise, Safal Constructions Pvt. Ltd., Savvy Siddhi Realty & Infrastructure, Shree Sharda Events, YMS Foundation
- Associate Sponsors: Aon Global Insurance Brokers Pvt. Ltd., Bank of India, Blazenet, Ciceroni, Cosmos Engineers, Dev Information Technology Pvt. Ltd., Jade Blue Lifestyle India Ltd., New Arbuda Builders, NRS Advisors, QX KPO Services Private Limited, RBD Engineers, Reliance Industries, Rubik Infotech, Sheth info., Sunij Pharma Pvt. Ltd., Union Bank of India
Print Partner: Ahmedabad Mirror
In Association: L.D. College of Engineering, Radio Mirchi
Partners: Creativeyatra.com, Dineout, Gallons, Havmor, Rasna, The House of MG, Wagh Bakri Tea Lounge, Zydus Hospitals
Supported By: Ahmedabad Distance Runners, AMA, CII, FICCI, GCCI, GESIA, IACC, ICBC, NASSCOM, TIE Ahmedabad
Motif, Inc. is a customer-centric BPO and KPO services provider focused on serving e-commerce companies in the retail, travel, financial services, and affiliate marketing verticals. It has over 16 years of experience in providing multi-channel customer support, credit card fraud prevention, research and analytics, and back office support services to leading Fortune 500 and mid-market companies across the United States, Europe, and Asia. Headquartered in California, USA, Motif has delivery centers in India and the Philippines. For more information, www.motifinc.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.